Raw Cacao 125g
A Host of Health Benefits...😃
Raw (or minimally-processed) cacao beans are superfoods.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of their awesome health benefits:
* Antioxidant effects. Cacao beans are absolutely packed with phenolic phytochemicals and flavonoids, which protect your cells against damage from free radicals. Oxidative damage can result in premature aging and many of the modern health conditions today.
* Boosts your mood and cognitive performance. Epicatechin, the main flavonoid in cacao, improves various aspects of cognition, preserve cognitive abilities during aging, and even puts you in a better mood.
* Lowers blood pressure. Recent studies found that flavanols lower blood pressure and increase blood vessel flexibility.
* Protects your heart. Researchers found that flavanols and procyanidins from cacao increased antioxidant capacity in the blood plasma and reduced platelet reactivity, resulting in a healthier heart.
* Regulates insulin levels. Epicatechin, a flavanol in cacao, activates key proteins and help regulate glucose production, even among diabetics.
Cacao beans are also rich in nutrients like magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper, and manganese.
They’re actually thought to be one of the richest food sources of magnesium around
Cacao (pronounced ka-kow) beans are the seeds of an Amazonian fruiting tree and source of all chocolate and cocoa products. Pulverising the raw nibs separates them into creamy Cacao Butter and rich, raw Cacao Powder.
As the temperature is never allowed to exceed 40°C, the powder is considered a ‘raw' food with all heat-sensitive vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants remaining intact, thereby maximising digestion and absorption. In fact, our powder has over 360% MORE antioxidants than regular cocoa!
Most other cocoa powder is processed via the "Dutch method" meaning heat extracted (up to 150°C), sometimes with solvents, thus destroying most of the nutrients and antioxidants and potentially contaminating the end product. Cacao Power products have an antioxidant (ORAC) score of 95,500. To put that into perspective, that's 14 times more antioxidant flavonoids than red wine, 21 times more than green tea, and 7 times more than even dark chocolate!
The Mexican Mayan kings drank up to 30 pure chocolate drinks a day to maintain their vigour and valued the bean so highly that it was used as money.
Raw Cacao products are a source of beta-carotene, amino acids (protein), Omega-3 EFA's, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulphur, potassium, and one of the best food sources of muscle relaxing, stress relieving magnesium.