$10 for 100g
Though it does taste like pond scum, Spirulina has some great health-boosting qualities
Available from 🏡✨
The Roadside Stall
Open 7 Days
49 Warnervale Road
View our website for products and postal orders 📬
* Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which has gotten a lot of attention for its anti inflammatory properties, especially when taken with other quality Omega-3 supplements. It contains all essential amino acids. GLA is difficult to find in a food source and normally has to be created by the body.
* Spirulina is one of the few foods with a natural GLA content.
* Spirulina contains Omega 3, 6 and 9s and is especially high in Omega-3s.
* Spirulina is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
* Spirulina has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia and will not cause constipation. The proteins and nutrients in Spirulina are very bioavailable and easy to absorb.
* Spirulina is a great source of other nutrients including vitamins B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3(nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E. It is also a source of potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc. Spirulina contains many pigments which may be beneficial and bioavailable.
* Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk.
* Spirulina may be helpful for those with allergies and allergic reactions.
* Spirulina’s phosphorus content makes it helpful as part of your tooth remineralising.
* Evidence suggests that it binds with radioactive isotopes and may be useful for radioactivity exposure or radiation therapy.
* Spirulina can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them.
* Spirulina can increase fat burning during excercise. #spirulina
#chlorophyll #bioavailableiron #protein #aminoacids #calcium #phosphorus #fatburning